21 Aug 5 Useful tools for home office that will make you love your job
While working from home, there are many things that can happen, and sometimes none of those are under our control. Things like a blackout or problems with your internet connection are very annoying but, they are no excuse to our bosses, therefore they jeopardize our job. That’s why I bring you a list of tools that might just save you from being fired.
- Laptop: This might come as pretty obvious, but the amount of people that are currently working from home using a regular PC, which are fine for as long as it can do the job, but when we face certain situations static PCs have one defect that can be very dangerous. The lack of an inner battery makes it very vulnerable to electricity, of course it’s possible to mitigate those effects but, not entirely. On the other hand, a laptop has an inner battery that usually lasts for about 3 hours depending on the model, which should be more than enough to stay operative while the light is gone.
- WI-POD: This is an uncommon but very useful tool, if your local internet connection is unstable or outright down, using one of these small devices will provide a WI-FI connection that can allow you to finish that urgent file you need so desperately.
- Slack: This is an app that specializes on managing work projects, it is totally free and many people use it to establish communication with their work team, assign tasks and transfer their files.
- Calendar/Schedule board: No, this is not a software, nor an app, this is just a plain old calendar, doing home office is all about organization and efficiency, you need to pay all your attention to the way you organize your tasks, this is the main reason why home office is so difficult, one organization and discipline are developed and practiced, it becomes much easier.
- Pomodori: This is a working system that many people use to establish certain patterns of activity, you see, you can’t just start working and keep going non-stop until you finish, the pomodori systems allows you to take breaks that are always a fraction of the time you spend working and being productive, that way you can get used to a certain way of doing things, which again, makes things easier for you in the long-run.
We hope that these are of some use toy you, who might me struggling with home office, or if you know someone who does, this are good ways to help him improve and become better at what he does, we have other articles about home office if you are interested, we’d be uploading more content related.